PUT YOUR FACE OUT THERE – YOU TOO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE CAMPAIGN
Put Your Face Out There – You Too Can Participate
The recent surge of violence in Cleveland and the United States as a whole has inspired a collaboration with Baobab Communications to promote and adopt their antiviolence campaign to reach a worldwide audience. Baobab is an Italian company who has also seen a surge of violence in their home town, Padua and other cities in Italy. With your help, we plan to put our faces out there and condemn violence around the world.
We put our faces out there.
Assault, rape, robbery, sexual assault, domestic abuse: these are just some of the ways in which people experience violence every day. Right now, especially, it seems that Cleveland, the United States and the World are seeing more and more violence and hate towards all members of society regardless of gender, race, or age.
For this reason we cannot help but ask ourselves: What if I am next?
What if I am the person who is in the right place, at the right time, but I meet the “wrong” person?
This is why we put our faces out there. Because we know it could happen to any one of us at any time.
It makes a lasting impression to see people you know like this, doesn’t it?
Would you like to participate and help us promote this global campaign?
- Take a photo that shows you in full light, from your waist up and preferably against a white or monochrome background. Try not to smile, as this helps with the effect of the picture on those viewing it. We will then photoshop bruises onto your picture and add it to our photomontage of others who have helped.
- Download and fill out the release form so that we can use your image.
- Provide us with a digital copy of your photo I.D. so that we can confirm your identity and not risk publishing pictures of other people in your name.
- Send your photo, release form, and copy of your photo I.D. to firstname.lastname@example.org We will then make the photoshopped picture of you with bruises and add it to our photomontage.
- Stay up to date on the blog and our social media: the campaign has only just begun!